Three activities on a gardening theme that families can do together with a loved one with dementia.
- A Sidewalk Garden – A short, illustrated gardening story designed to accommodate the reading needs of older adults with dementia. Intergenerational themes make the story appealing in family settings.
- Meadow Wildflowers TimeTogether™ coloring – Coloring fun for everyone with multiple coloring sheets of 3 wildflowers as seen in A Sidewalk Garden. Step-by-step instructions, and guidelines for using art in dementia care are included.
- Finish the Sayings – Gardening – 2 copies of 6 gardening sayings or song lyrics. Instructions included for cutting the sayings into sections, and playing the game aloud (or on a work mat) with an older adult, encouraging conversation and reminiscing. Watercolors and crayons pictured are not included
TimeTogether™ Companion Activities incorporate three activities on a theme that families can do together with a loved one with dementia. Themes are intergenerational which means children as well as adults can participate. Each TimeTogether™ Companion activity package includes:
• A Story for Older Adults™
• A coloring activity for older adults
• An oral language activity called “Finish the Sayings”