Three activities on a sailing theme that families can do together with a loved one with dementia.
- A Day on the Wind Seeker – A short, illustrated sailing story designed to accommodate the reading needs of older adults with dementia. Intergenerational themes make the story appealing in family settings.
- Sunfish Sailboat TimeTogether™ coloring – A “build a picture” progression in 3 steps: (1) sail; (2) sail/hull; (3) full page waterscape with sailboat. Multiples of each step included.
- Finish the Sayings – sailing the seas – 2 copies of 6 sailing sayings or song lyrics. Instructions included for cutting the sayings into sections, and playing the game aloud (or on a work mat) with an older adult, encouraging conversation and reminiscing. Watercolors and crayons pictured not included
TimeTogether™ Companion Activities incorporate three activities on a theme that families can do together with a loved one with dementia. Themes are intergenerational which means children as well as adults can participate. Each TimeTogether™ Companion activity package includes:
• A Story for Older Adults™
• A coloring activity for older adults
• An oral language activity called “Finish the Sayings”